Book Checkout Policies
Fines and Damaged and Lost Book Policies
- Fines increase by 10 cents per day every day that a book is overdue.
- The fines on a particular book stop increasing when the fine reaches $5.00.
- Once you return a book, the fine on that book stops increasing, even if you can't pay the fine right away.
- If you have a small fine (generally, less than $1.00), you may check out more books without paying the fine right away. However, if you have a larger fine, you need to pay at least part of the fine before checking out any new books.
- If you have an overdue book, you must turn in that book before checking out any new books.
- If you damage a book (for example, by spilling liquid on it, writing in it, or breaking the spine), you will be fined for that damage. If the book is still usable, the fine amount will be less than the cost of replacing the book. If the book is no longer usable, you will have to pay the entire cost of the book.
- If you lose a book, you will have to pay the entire cost of the book.
Computer and Printing Policies
- Printing costs 5 cents for each black-and-white page and 25 cents for each color page. If you need to print something and do not have money at that time, the printing fee can be added onto your library account and paid later.